Pokon - Lawn Seed Shade - 1 kg
Feel the power of plants. Even just a little bit of green can make a difference. It will make you feel healthier and happier.
Pokon has been providing a helping hand since 1929. Be aware of the greenery around you. Live with the season, and enjoy the here and now.
Lawn Seed Shade:
Lawn Seed Shade is ideal for sowing or restoring shaded lawns. The grass seed has been coated for optimum germination and can be used for Winter recovery or for the restoration of bare patches. The grass will grow back quickly, creating a lush green lawn In addition, the strong blend ensures the grass has a high treading tolerance. Pokon Lawn Seed Shade requires significantly less water than traditional blends after the grass has taken root.
Germination duration 3-4 weeks, depending on air and soil temperature and amount of moisture.
The germination can take time, first the roots will develop and then the grass will grow. Make sure to water every day during the first few weeks.
Instructions for use:
For optimum germination, it is important that the soil is not cold (+6°C) and that the outside temperature is higher than 15°C. Sow in calm weather in moist soil. Sow the grass seed evenly and spread it out. Sowing the seeds too closely together hinders growth.
- Carefully dig over the soil (approximately 30cm) and remove all weeds and their roots.
- Level the soil, let it settle and rake it even, creating a flat seed bed without soil clumps.
- First sow around the edges of the lawn.
- Then sow the lawn twice, once lengthwise and once widthwise, ensuring that the grass seeds are distributed evenly.
- Lightly rake the grass seeds (approx.0.5-1cm) and use a lawn roller or walk across the lawn to ensure the seeds are embedded in the soil.
- Water regularly for the first 2 to 4 weeks with a nozzle set to spray evenly and carefully. If the topsoil is allowed to dry out then the seed will not germinate and/or young grass will die off.
- Mow for the first time when the grass is about 8 to 10cm tall with a high adjusted, sharp mower.
Repair Bare Patches:
Remove all dead grass from the bare patches and loosen the turf with a rake.
- Spread Lawn Soil on the bare patches and level with the rake.
- Then sprinkle the grass seed on the bare spot and press down gently.
- Water regularly for the first 2 to 4 weeks with a nozzle set to spray evenly and carefully. (If the topsoil is allowed to dry out then the seed will not germinate and/or young grass will die off.)
- Mow for the first time when the grass is about 8 to 10cm tall with a high adjusted, sharp mower
Pokon Naturado B.V. cannot be held liable for any damages resulting from improper use.