Appetizing Asparagus Recipe
If golden, garlicky spuds are your idea of a heavenly side dish, you'll be grooving on these Garlicky Roasted Asparagus and Potatoes. The potatoes are crunchy on the outside and melt in your mouth; the roasted asparagus is juicy, crispy and perfectly al dente.
- 15 to 20 new potatoes, halved (if the potatoes are very small, leave them whole).
- 1 medium bunch (about 15 spears) of asparagus.
- 5 cloves garlic crushed and then thinly sliced (crushing first helps the flavour spread around better!).
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes.
- 2 tbsp rosemary (finely chopped. Sub with sage or 2 tsp of dry herbs).
- Dash of ground black pepper.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 220oC.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, red pepper flakes, herbs, black pepper, salt and garlic. Set this aside while you prep the veggies.
- Toss the potatoes in half the herb-garlic mixture (you can do this in a bowl or by placing the potatoes and the herb-garlic mixture in a plastic bag and shaking it until the herbs have coated the potatoes). Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Toss the asparagus in the remaining herb-garlic mixture, in the same bowl or plastic bag you used for the potatoes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, toss in the asparagus and give the potatoes a stir with the spatula. Place the baking sheet back in the oven and bake another 10 minutes or until asparagus is lightly golden-brown.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.